1. Very illuminating – and depressing – study of public opinion on abortion: https://www.prri.org/research/young-people-set-to-impact-the-debate-on-womens-health-issues/ Summary here: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2018/04/shock-poll-shows-most-catholics-believe-abortion-should-be-legal/ Tragic that a majority of Catholics believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases.
2. The NYS Senate Dems have re-united, which could be very dangerous for unborn children if they can get control of the Senate: https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2018/04/16/after-7-year-schism-idc-officially-rejoins-mainline-democrats-366877
3. The parents of the gravely ill Alfie Evans have only one last legal chance to save their son from being killed by doctors: http://www.lifenews.com/2018/04/17/alfie-evans-parents-will-file-appeal-with-supreme-court-today-in-last-ditch-effort-to-save-his-life/
4. The retiring head of Murder Incorporated, er, I mean Planned Parenthood, reveals much in her memoir about the dishonesty of her organization: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/cecile-richards-planned-parenthood-memoir-deceptive/
5. Syria is a scene from Dante’s Inferno, but we took in only 11 refugees so far this year. Eleven. https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/04/12/602022877/the-u-s-has-welcomed-only-11-syrian-refugees-this-year
6. Msgr. Pope has some old-fashioned advice for sermons, drawn straight from the New Testament: http://blog.adw.org/2018/04/ancient-biblical-sermons-break-modern-rules-maybe-rules-reexamined/