1. Chairmen of the USCCB committees on domestic and foreign social development express serious concerns about the Administration’s proposed budget, and call on all parties to take moral principles into account: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/catholic-leaders-voice-concern-over-federal-budget-proposal-26385 Full letter here: http://www.usccb.org/news/2018/18-035.cfm
2. Archbishop Gomez asks that the Dreamers not be treated as mere bargaining chips in the debate over immigration: https://angelusnews.com/content/debating-immigration-reform
3. Numbers of assisted suicides in Oregon continue to rise: http://www.lifenews.com/2018/02/13/oregon-assisted-suicide-deaths-hit-record-high-in-2017/
4. The Temple of Moloch, er, I mean Planned Parenthood, is going on the offensive in state legislatures: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-health-202/2018/02/14/the-health-202-planned-parenthood-goes-on-the-offensive/5a831b7330fb041c3c7d7849/ It’s a press release posing as a news story, but still informative.
5. A very troubling overview of the alarming decline in American fertility: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/upshot/american-fertility-is-falling-short-of-what-women-want.html Curious that they focus on women’s expectations but not men’s.
6. A nice example of restorative and rehabilitative justice, courtesy of a judge in Lebanon: https://cruxnow.com/global-church/2018/02/13/muslims-desecrated-statue-ordered-memorize-quran-verses-mary/
7. Today is the anniversary of the day St. Valentine was beheaded for the faith: