1. Behold the slippery slope in operation – a bill in Oregon that would expand the authority of surrogates to make end-of-life decisions for incapacitated patients, which is the open door for involuntary euthanasia: http://www.lifenews.com/2018/02/05/oregon-bill-would-allow-starving-mentally-ill-patients-to-death-2/
2. Despite years of bad publicity – that is, the truth – about Planned Parenthood’s evil ways, a majority of Americans continue to have a positive impression: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/planned-parenthood-had-a-turbulent-decade-but-that-hasnt-changed-americans-views-of-it/
3. The University of Notre Dame flips, then flops, then flippity-floppy-flops on their insurance coverage for contraception and abortifacients: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/notre-dame-switches-its-position-on-contraception-coverage-again/552605/ Money quote from the President of the University: “there’s a danger of rigidity in adhering to certain tenets that make the institution more narrow.” You know, “tenets” like immemorial Church teaching about intrinsically evil acts.
4. A busy year ahead for pro-life activists in the states: http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/372646-abortion-fights-loom-in-states
5. Some daffy LGBTQWERTY activists want to add even more letters to include pretty much every sexual anomaly: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456135/lgbt-new-acronym-meaningless And I thought the Kinks were a classic Brit-rock band. You really got me.
6. Archbishop Chaput gave an excellent talk on maleness and masculinity: https://www.crisismagazine.com/2018/memory-sex-making-new-man The money quote: “Maleness, brothers, is a matter of biology. It just happens. Manhood must be learned and earned and taught. That’s our task.”