1. Today is Religious Freedom Day, and here’s the proclamation from the White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/president-donald-j-trump-proclaims-january-16-2018-religious-freedom-day/
2. Apropos of that, a new report highlights the plight of persecuted Christians around the world: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/a-look-at-worlds-50-most-anti-christian-countries-77065
3. The Bishops of Belgium are calling out the abuses of their country’s assisted suicide/euthanasia regime:
4. Somebody really, really, really needs to get the Vatican staff to bring their game up above it’s current embarrassing and destructively incompetent level: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/vatican-papal-honor-for-pro-abortion-politician-not-a-sign-of-support Not as bad as Hawaii emergency management, but still awful.
5. A bill moves forward in Congress that would help victims of child pornography: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/bill-to-aid-victims-of-child-pornography-passes-senate-judiciary-committee
6. An amazing photo album of the secret paths Irish Catholics used to go to Mass during the Penal Law days: https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/secret-paths-ireland-catholic-forbidden-mass-photography That’s why religious freedom is so precious.