1. As they rush to fund the government, it appears that Senate GOP leaders are going to break a key promise to pro-lifers to eliminate abortion funding from the Affordable Care Act: http://thefederalist.com/2017/12/19/senate-republicans-ready-abortion-flip-flop-obamacare-stability-bill/ and https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-pulse/2017/12/18/how-to-watch-this-weeks-shutdown-fight-054998
2. Hey, Congress – once you finish your victory lap (or your lamentations) over the tax bill and turn your attention to funding the government, could you please re-fund the health program for low-income children: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/20/us/2-million-children-risk-losing-health-care-CHIP.html
3. No, abortion doesn’t liberate or benefit women – a new study shows that 74% of women were pressured and 53% couldn’t identify any positively impact on their life from the abortion: http://www.lifenews.com/2017/12/20/new-study-asked-what-ways-abortion-positively-impacted-their-lives-53-of-women-said-none/
4. Iraqi Christians prepare for their first Christmas since their homes were liberated from ISIS: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/christians-ready-for-christmas-after-the-caliphates-collapse
5. Thanks to Cardinal Wuerl and Bishop Burbidge, pilgrims to the March for Life can receive a plenary indulgence: http://www.cathstan.org/Content/Social/Social/Article/Washington-s-archbishop-and-Arlington-s-bishop-announce-participants-in-upcoming-March-for-Life-events-can-obtain-plenary-indulgence/-2/-2/8247 Our Church is so generous with graces.