1. The Bishops have declared that the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe will be celebrated as a Day of Solidarity with Immigrants: https://justiceforimmigrants.org/statements/feast-lady-guadalupe-patroness-americas-unborn-will-celebrated-around-country-december-12-day-solidarity-immigrants/
2. Wesley Smith on people who exercise self-sacrificial love in the difficult environment of contemporary bioethics: https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2017/12/self-sacrificial-love-in-the-bioethics-sphere
3. The Justice Department finally wakes up and starts investigating the Temple of Moloch for its sale of human body parts: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/07/planned-parenthood-under-investigation-by-justice-department-over-sale-fetal-tissue.html The media needs to get with the facts – we’re talking about human body parts, not “fetal tissue”.
4. A powerful piece calling on evangelicals to reject “the lesser of two evils” approach to candidates who are sex abusers but are also anti-abortion: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/nonpartisan-solution-roy-moore-problem/ Catholics could use this lesson too.
5. Power corrupts and contributes to creating celebrity (and any powerful person) sex abusers: https://stream.org/many-sex-predators-yes/
6. The Supreme Court decides not to hear a case that seeks to re-define “sex” in federal anti-discrimination laws to really mean “sexual orientation”: http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/364243-supreme-court-refuses-to-hear-lgbt-workplace-discrimination-case
7. Yours truly is quoted in a piece about the “Silence Breakers” and how important it is for victims of abuse to come forward: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/why-silence-breakers-are-key-in-any-abuse-crisis-78943