1. The Holy Father again denounces “ideological colonization” and abortion in his usual blunt way: http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis-cultural-colonization-ends-in-persecu Key quote: “There is a need to discern ‘the new things’: Is this new thing from the Lord, does it come from the Holy Spirit, is it rooted in God? Or does this newness come from a perverse root? But before, [for example] yes, it was a sin to kill children; but today it is not a problem, it is a perverse novelty.”
2. USCCB Migration Committee Chair speaks out about the Administration’s unjust decision to terminate temporary protected status for Haitian refugees: http://www.usccb.org/news/2017/17-229.cfm Contact our government about this: https://justiceforimmigrants.org/action-alerts/action-alert-urge-continued-protection-haitians-country-continues-recover/
3. The Little Sisters of the Poor are back in court, this time to defend the new religious liberty exemption that’s being challenged by liberal Attorneys General (including our own): https://www.becketlaw.org/media/little-sisters-poor-head-back-court/ and https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/california-pennsylvania-little-sisters-of-the-poor-litigation/546503/
4. The ongoing cruelty of the war in Yemen, supported by our government: https://www.cato.org/blog/intolerable-cruelty-no-security-rationale-us-support-saudi-arabia-yemen
5. A valuable warning against putting all the pro-life political eggs in the basket of judicial nominations: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453969/conservatives-supreme-court-obsession-dangerous
6. The disastrous sexual revolution continues to dig itself (and us) deeper and deeper in lies and misery: https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2017/11/scam-artists-and-sex-education
7. Happy Thanksgiving all!