1. Cardinal DiNardo on the Texas massacre — "We must come to the firm determination that there is a fundamental problem in our society": http://www.usccb.org/news/2017/17-207.cfm
2. Other reactions by the bishops: https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2017/11/05/bishops-say-church-shooting-confirms-fundamental-problem-america/ Note that there was a 27th victim — the unborn child.
3. Good news in the battle against sex trafficking — the big tech companies dropped their opposition to a key piece of legislation that would enable people to bring suits against hosts of sex ads: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/03/technology/sex-trafficking-bill.html
4. There is growing pressure on the GOP to preserve the adoption tax credit: https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2017/11/05/adoption-tax-credit-part-preferential-policy-life-congressman-says/
5. Interesting interview about Black Catholics and their identity struggles: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/black-catholics/544754/
6. Hey, I’m not the only one who falls asleep while praying, the Pope does too: https://aleteia.org/2017/10/31/pope-confesses-he-shares-thereses-weakness-sometimes-sleeps-in-prayer/