1. Challenging and interesting discussion at the indispensible Human Life Review about whether the pro-life movement should emphasize that we’re “anti-abortion” or embrace the “whole life” ethic: www.humanlifereview.com/symposium-whole-life-v-pro-life/ Why not both?
2. I thought the US Supreme Court was in outer space with its rhetoric on the right to privacy and what it means for the meaning of life, the universe and everything. Now comes the India Supreme Court to go even further into the ether: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/450884/india-court-privacy-ruling-corrodes-societal-glue Gaseous incoherent claptrap is not an American monopoly.
3. The Governor of South Carolina ends funding for abortion clinics: https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2017/08/28/south-carolina-governor-ends-funding-abortion-clinics/
4. Meanwhile, in NY, a “woman’s group” is pushing for a constitutional convention so they can get a pro-abortion plank into our state constitution: http://www.timesunion.com/7day-state/article/NY-Women-s-March-organizers-push-for-12047579.php
5. Two law professors cause outrage, sturm und drang, wailing and gnashing, etc., etc., merely by suggesting that reviving old fashioned “bourgeois values” (like staying in school, getting a job and working hard, getting married before having kids) is a good idea: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450905/bourgeois-values-scandal-tars-law-prof-amy-wax-racism-charge The horror!!
6. The Holy Father has designated Friday, September 1, as the World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation: https://www.crs.org/stories/world-day-prayer-care-creation