1. Like slavery to the antebellum South, abortion has become the sine qua non of the modern leftist ideology – “abortion is liberty”: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2017/08/19869/
2. In light of the Google flap, the Masterpiece Cakes case before the Supreme Court is a challenge to American corporations – how committed are they to free speech: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/civil-rights/345930-from-google-memos-to-pro-trump-cakes-when-free-speech-values
3. Violence against Christians has become so commonplace, but at least the Holy Father is still exercised about it: http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2017/08/09/pope_francis_decries_attack_on_nigerian_churchgoers/1329718
4. Dignity therapy as a way to fight back against assisted suicide and euthanasia: https://www.catholicweekly.com.au/margaret-somerville-dr-harveys-must-read-book-unpacks-what-dignity-means/
5. I wonder what my cat Moonlight’s reaction will be to this important scientific study about climate change: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/8/pet-dogs-cats-harm-climate-professor-says/ She’ll probably just keep on sleeping, like usual.