1. The Sisters of Life present a powerful statement on the HHS mandate, focusing on how it will coerce them to violate their vows: http://sistersoflife.org/response-to-hhs-mandate.
2. This is an amazing demonstration of catholicity — every single diocesan bishop in the United States, and, remember, every Orthodox bishop, has condemned the HHS mandate. http://www.catholicvote.org/discuss/index.php?p=26957.
3. A number of religious leaders testify in Congress in favor of a conscience protection amendment: http://ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/US.php?id=4894. Unfortunately, it has been stalled by the leadership: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/amendment-aimed-at-contraception-mandate-stalls-in-senate.
4. The Unspeakable Former Speaker speaks more hostility towards her Church, saying that the self-insuring Archdiocese of Washington should be required to pay for contraception, sterilization, etc. http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/pelosi-catholic-church-should-directly-pay-free-birth-control-pills_629923.html. Doesn’t she reside under the canonical jurisdiction of the Archbishop of Washington?
5. There is some hope for religious liberty, as a court in New York (!) permits churches to continue to hold religious services in public schools http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/4781?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1.
6. In a beautiful tribute to America and Latino Catholics, the Holy Father has decided that Archbishop Dolan’s titular church Rome will be Our Lady of Guadalupe: http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/156102/cardinal-designate-dolan-wraps-up-busy-day-in-rome. Here is his address to the Holy Father and the College of Cardinals on the New Evangelization: http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2012/02/announcement-of-gospel-today-dolans.html.
7. The world is returning to its normal orbit — pitchers and catchers report on Monday. Sadly, one of the genuine good guys, Gary Carter, will not be with them. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204059804577227671139424132.html?mod=WSJ_LifeStyle_Lifestyle_5. Please pray for the repose of his soul and the consolation of his loved ones.