1. Eleven states sue the Administration over its gender ideology bathroom madness: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/us/states-texas-sue-obama-administration-over-transgender-bathroom-policy.html.
2. The crucial legal issue that’s at stake — the ability of administrative agencies to re-write law by issuing "guidance" letters: http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2016/05/25/the-big-legal-question-behind-the-texas-transgender-lawsuit/.
3. If you want to read the actual complaint, here it is: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/epress/files/2016/complaint_FM.pdf.
4. How the infiltration of gender ideology into the law actually hurts women (i.e., human beings who were conceived and born with XX genes and female body parts — you actually have to make that clear these days): http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2016/05/17033/.
5. South Carolina enacts a fetal pain bill that would effectively ban later term abortions: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/south-carolina-legislature-passes-bill-to-ban-most-abortions-after-19-weeks/. Of course, we have to wait upon our Black-Robed Platonic Guardian Rulers on the Courts, to see what Their Royal Majesties think of it.
6. The very definition of chutzpah — the President exhorts Vietnam to respect religious liberty, while the Little Sisters are still waiting for their liberty to be fully vindicated: http://religionclause.blogspot.com/2016/05/in-vietnam-obama-calls-for-increased.html.
7. Very good piece in Catholic New York on the fight against assisted suicide (even quoting yours truly!): http://www.cny.org/stories/Getting-Out-the-Word-Against-Physician-Assisted-Suicide,14049.
1. The sneaky, dishonest, hypocritical, appalling NY Legislature once again shows how low they can go — the Assembly Health Committee calls a stealth hearing to vote on the assisted suicide bill without any public warning or debate: http://archny.org/news/a-new-disgrace-in-albany.
2. An excellent profile of JJ Hanson, a heroic leader in the fight against assisted suicide: http://aleteia.org/2016/05/23/j-j-hansons-fight-for-life/.
3. A Canadian court shows how quickly assisted suicide will spread beyond the terminally ill: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/435631/canadian-court-euthanasia-non-terminally-ill.
4. Kathryn Jean Lopez interviews Kristina Arriaga of the Becket Fund about the battle for religious liberty: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435677/kristina-arriaga-de-bucholz-religious-freedom-interview.
5. Wesley Smith warns about the danger of pro-lifers getting too far ahead of the law, and seeking to pass total abortion bans: http://www.nationalreview.com/human-exceptionalism/435698/oklahoma-attempt-outlaw-abortion-foolish.
6. Gender ideology fanatics say to the Administration, "jump", and they answer, "how high?": http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/us/transgender-bathroom-obama-schools.html. No other opinions are even considered at all.
1. Chairmen of two US Bishops’ committees speak out clearly about the Administration’s gender ideology decrees: http://usccb.org/news/2016/16-056.cfm. The Bishop of Lincoln also: http://www.lincolndiocese.org/op-ed/bishop-s-column/5414-time-for-healing-not-lamenting. More, please.
2. A leading Free Speech scholar totally demolishes the nonsense of the NYC Gender Jacobins’ speech codes that require people to use "preferred pronouns" or risk prosecution and massive fines: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/05/17/you-can-be-fined-for-not-calling-people-ze-or-hir-if-thats-the-pronoun-they-demand-that-you-use/. It’s all part of the insane Alice in Wonderland world of gender ideology.
3. But if you want to see the real, genuine harm to real, live human beings that this madness causes, consider these alarming stats from the UK, which show a massive increase in referrals of children for gender identity treatments, including some as young as 3 years old: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-35532491.
4. Excellent interview with Dennis Poust of the NYS Catholic Conference on the bills that would eliminate the statute of limitations to allow lawsuits on sex abuse cases from long ago: http://www.cruxnow.com/church/2016/05/18/bridging-the-gap-between-logic-and-emotion-on-sex-abuse-lawsuits/.
5. Beyond the news stories about the wars in Syria, there is the tragic human story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36278132.
6. Introductory video for a great new resource for teaching theology of the body to teens:
The heart of our modern crisis is a loss of identity and the knowledge of what it is to be a human person.
1. Blogged on the latest outrage from our 1000% pro-abortion state government — a secretive abortion mandate: http://www.archny.org/news/the-danger-is-clear-and-present.
2. More about the mandate and the lawsuit against it: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Albany-Diocese-others-sue-state-over-mandated-7467917.php and http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/05/12/catholic-groups-fight-ny-abortion-mandate.htm. Bishop Scharffenberger of Albany: http://www.rcda.org/our_bishop_weekly_message_Current.html.
3. With all the corruption investigations, though, Governor Abortion’s office is paralyzed, so maybe they won’t get up to much mischief for a while: http://nypost.com/2016/05/15/cuomos-team-on-lockdown-as-preet-bharara-digs-deeper/.
4. A California Catholic school has forgotten to re-read Genesis 1:27: http://www.cruxnow.com/ap/2016/05/13/california-catholic-school-lets-transgender-teacher-keep-job/. Not to mention Amoris Laetitia 56, particularly this line: "Let us not fall into the sin of trying to replace the Creator".
5. Prof. Charles Camosy reflects on the possible positive consequences of an "artificial womb" for the debate over abortion: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/charles-camosy-coming-abortion-earthquake-article-1.2635407?cid=bitly. Wesley Smith is less hopeful: http://www.nationalreview.com/human-exceptionalism/435386/artificial-placenta-will-not-reduce-abortion.
6. Simcha Fisher has a beautiful post about life with aging loved ones: http://aleteia.org/blogs/simchafisher/when-dementia-reveals-a-cultivated-love/