1. House Dems join their Senate colleagues and shut down an attempt to bring an anti-infanticide bill to the floor for a vote: https://www.lifenews.com/2019/02/28/house-democrats-block-bill-to-stop-infanticide-for-10th-time-cut-off-pro-life-congressmans-mic/
2. That’s how far the Dem Party has fallen when it comes to abortion: https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-democratic-partys-decline-on-abortion/
3. Parents of “transgender” kids speak out about their agony: https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2019/02/49686/
4. The crackdown on prescription opiods is leading to a rise in suicides: http://alexschadenberg.blogspot.com/2019/02/rise-in-suicide-rates-resulting-from.html
5. For masochists, here’s an overview of the oral argument in the Supreme Court in the church/state case: https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/02/argument-analysis-peace-cross-appears-safe-if-not-stable/
6. When it comes to resurrection, you really need to leave it to the professionals, namely Jesus and Peter: https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/news/prophet-slapped-with-lawsuit-for-resurrection-hoax-19511570
1. The Senate is going to vote today on the Born-Alive Abortion Survivor Protection Act: https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/25/protecting-babies-who-survive-an-abortion-should-not-be-controversial/ Let’s see who goes on the record in favor of infanticide.
2. K-Lo on the Abby Johnson “Unplanned” movie: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/02/unplanned-movie-pro-life-message-love-hope-redemption/
3. Which has gotten an “R” rating, which means that abortion is too violent for teens to see without their parents (even though they can get one without a parent): http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/movie-on-pro-life-catholic-activist-gets-unexpected-r-rating
4. New poll from the Knights of Columbus shows an increased number of Americans who call themselves “pro-life”: https://www.kofc.org/en/news/polls.html#/
5. The Administration has finalized regulations that will cut some funding to Murder Incorporated and other abortionists: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/protect-life-rule-to-strip-planned-parenthood-of-some-federal-funds-25261
1. My blog on the latest attack on religious liberty by the NYS Education Department: https://www.archny.org/news/religious-schools-are-under-attack
2. Murder Incorporated sometimes admits that a human being in the womb is in fact a baby: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/planned-parenthood-film-confuses-terms-ignores-abortion/
3. The radical Irish abortion bill moves closer to passing, as their Senate rejects pro-life amendments: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/bill-to-legalise-abortion-clears-final-hurdle-in-oireachtas-37624663.html
4. An interesting discussion of the Brexit fracas with reference to Catholic principles: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/a-clericalist-and-apostate-state-why-jacob-rees-mogg-wants-out-of-the-eu-81546
5. The alphabet soup LGBTQWERTY moniker is no longer good enough, now they just want Q: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/01/dont-call-me-lgbtq/576388/ So, it’s still an insult to call someone “gay” but not to call someone “queer”? I can’t keep up.
6. A Kentucky priest is a missionary of mercy doing good deeds around the country: https://apnews.com/6893ae026b514e70a32d2e3c60e65c2a
1. Inspired by today’s reading from Isaiah, I ask if we can have a serious discussion about the wars we’re involved in: https://www.archny.org/news/can-we-talk-about-war
2. Assisted suicide advocates are trying again in Maine, this time by trying to get a ballot initiative started: https://www.pressherald.com/2018/11/29/maine-voices-dont-sign-petition-to-put-flawed-assisted-suicide-law-on-state-ballot/
3. Irish doctors are outraged that the government is ramming through a radical bill that may force them to do abortions: https://www.lifenews.com/2018/12/03/dozens-of-irish-doctors-storm-out-of-meeting-after-theyre-told-they-must-participate-in-abortions/
4. This is creepy and dangerous – an app created by the government of Indonesia that allows people to report religious heresy: http://www.asianews.it/news-en/App-for-reporting-on-religious-heresies-45628.html
5. The Holy Father couldn’t be clearer about the incompatibility of homosexuality and the priesthood: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/in-new-book-on-clergy-and-religious-life-pope-francis-addresses-homosexuality-27409
6. Kudos to Starbucks for blocking porn on their wi-fi: https://www.businessinsider.com/starbucks-promises-porn-blocking-tech-2018-11 Dunkin still makes better coffee.
1. Touching story about the bill that we drafted with the NYS Catholic Conference to change NY law to ensure that parents know they have the right to have the remains of their miscarried babies buried: https://abc7ny.com/politics/bill-would-amend-law-related-to-miscarriage-fetal-burial-rights/4774150/
2. Canadian doctors decry the slippery slope of euthanasia, which is rushing head-long to the killing of children: https://torontosun.com/news/national/euthanasia-in-canada-a-slippery-slope-concerned-doctors-of-ontario
3. Wesley Smith explains why “medical futility” is a dangerous predecessor to euthanasia: https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/why-families-should-decide-when-to-pull-plugs/
4. Irish nurses are fighting for their freedom of conscience: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/nurses-petition-irish-govenment-on-freedom-of-conscience-23472
5. Sorry, I goofed the other day on the URL for the report on the reduced abortion numbers: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2018/11/21/number-abortions-us-hits-historic-low/
6. Wonderful spontaneity at a papal audience: https://www.romereports.com/en/2018/11/28/a-boy-interrupts-the-pope-to-touch-a-swiss-guards-hand/ “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs thekingdom of God.”
1. An important and disturbing new documentary film series explains the damage being done by porn to individuals and society: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/new-documentary-shows-individual-societal-threat-of-pornography-84471
2. A Times op-ed by a very disturbed person shows the twisted thinking and tragic consequences of the transgender movement: https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2018/11/47220/
3. The number of abortions continues to decline: https://www.recordonline.com/news/20181124/lawmakers-in-no-rush-to-greenlight-marijuana (but be careful about citing these numbers, they exclude California and Maryland).
4. The Brave New World of “designer babies” (i.e., babies who have been genetically altered to fit the whim of a scientist) has arrived: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/11/26/670752865/chinese-scientist-says-hes-first-to-genetically-edit-babies
5. The Administration is in a conflict with pro-lifers over the funding of fetal tissue research: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/417814-anti-abortion-groups-in-standoff-with-trump-over-fetal-tissue-research
6. As the pressure mounts to legalize marijuana in New York, legislators should take a close look at the experience of Colorado to see what a terrible idea it is: http://www.ccu.edu/centennial/policy-briefs/marijuana-costs/
7. Ireland’s catastrophic abortion referendum, and its rush to enact extreme implementing legislation, may produce a new pro-life party: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/will-irelands-abortion-vote-launch-a-new-pro-life-party-67282 Curious that all the politicians cited are from the left-wing Sinn Fein party, and none from the supposedly conservative parties.