1. The Platonic Guardian Rulers on the Washington State Supreme Court have brought down their wrath against the poor florist who didn’t want to be dragged into somebody else’s same-sex “wedding”: https://www.cato.org/blog/washington-supreme-court-unanimously-treads-important-freedoms and https://www.cato.org/blog/freedom-association-takes-another-hit We used to be free, now we’re something less.
2. The monsters of ISIS say that they will continue to target Egyptian Christians: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/02/20/isis-vows-more-attacks-on-egypts-christians/
3. Abortion fanatics in Ireland are handing out dangerous abortion pills on the street to protest Ireland’s constitutional ban on abortion: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/prochoice-activists-vow-to-defy-the-law-by-handing-out-abortion-pills-35451178.html
4. The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in an important religious liberty case in April: http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/8831
5. Rebutting the claim that refugees are a threat to national security: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2017/02/18813/
1. I blogged on the need to keep partisanship and factionalism out of the Church, particularly by not overturning the ban on political activity by non-profits: http://www.archny.org/news/politics-factions-and-the-church
2. The UN is continuing to bully Ireland over its constitutional protection of unborn human beings: http://www.lifenews.com/2017/02/14/united-nations-hearing-will-slam-ireland-for-not-killing-unborn-babies-in-abortions/ Irish pro-lifers continue to fight efforts to overturn that provision: http://prolifecampaign.ie/main/celebrate-the-8th/
3. I hope you’re not drinking coffee at your keyboard when you read this, but the Temple of Moloch now claims that it’s “non-partisan”: http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/16/long-list-lies-planned-parenthood-adds-nonpartisan/ We really are in a “post-truth” culture.
4. A good summary of why action on religious freedom is needed from the President: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/why-we-need-a-religious-freedom-move-from-trump-and-soon-96103/
5. Don’t know what to make of it, but Americans have increasingly warm feelings towards Catholics: http://www.pewforum.org/2017/02/15/americans-express-increasingly-warm-feelings-toward-religious-groups/ Don’t book the reception hall yet.
6. Some animal rights enthusiasts disrupted a Mass to call for their pets to be allowed into Church because they’re the same as humans: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/02/15/animal-rights-activists-storm-church-demanding-pets-be-treated-like-christians/ My cat disagrees — she’s certain that she’s far superior to humans.
1. Some sanity has returned to the Justice Department, which has dropped the last Administration’s attempt to limit an injunction against the enforcement of the school transgender mandate: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/11/us/politics/trump-transgender-students-injunction.html
2. Always remember — assisted suicide advocates are always, always looking to expand the reach of death, and they will always, always look for ways around any regulation or restriction: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/444835/nm-assisted-suicide-bill-moves-toward-death-demand
3. Efforts proceed in the House to block DC’s assisted suicide law: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/2017/02/13/826001a2-f208-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?utm_term=.d58427a1ee54
4. A conference at the Vatican last week condemned international organ trafficking: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-meeting-calls-organ-trafficking-a-crime-against-humanity-61353/
5. You would think it’s good news if young people are having less sex, but if you look under the covers, it’s actually bad news: http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/08/need-millennials-start-trying-sex/
1. Yet another expose of the lies of the Temple of Moloch: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/444685/planned-parenthood-abortion-quotas-exposed-live-action-video If they think that abortion is such a great thing, why don’t they just tell the truth about it?
2. The head of the March for Life organization looks back at this year’s March: https://cruxnow.com/commentary/2017/02/07/reflections-march-life/
3. An inside-baseball overview of the procedural steps (and options) ahead in the Supreme Court nomination: http://www.scotusblog.com/2017/02/gorsuch-nomination-whats-next/
4. The push for “polyamory” continues to go mainstream in academia: http://www.chronicle.com/article/I-Have-Multiple-Loves-/239077
5. The Holy Father on the need to stop human trafficking: http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2017/02/08/pope_calls_for_action_in_the_fight_against_human_trafficking/1291105. St. Josephine Bakhita, pray for us!
6. Seriously, what could be more awesome than a Samurai Saint? http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/samurai-martyr-beatified-in-japan-15993/
1. Blogged on the Supreme Court nominee, and the appalling ignorance of the advocates against him: http://www.archny.org/news/judges-not-tribunes-of-the-people
2. Another very strong pro-life message from the Holy Father: http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2017/02/05/pope_respond_to_logic_of_waste_with_culture_of_life/1290589
3. Assisted Suicide advocates inevitably turn “safeguards” into “hurdles” in their drive to remove any barriers to death: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/444643/euthanasia-safeguards-soon-seen-hurdles They want no safeguards, they only want death.
4. An overview of the challenges that transgender issues present to Catholic hospitals: https://eppc.org/publications/do-catholic-hospitals-discriminate/
5. Interesting analysis of poll data on clergy political endorsements: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/most-people-and-perhaps-most-clergy-dont-want-political-endorsements-in-church/ Remarkable how few clergy members support that idea.
6. Pitchers and catchers report next week. Finally.