1. African Christians rightly wonder – where’s the outrage and outpouring of sympathy when they are slaughtered by religious fanatics: https://cruxnow.com/africaund/2017/03/23/londons-wake-africans-ask-wheres-outrage-us/
2. Arizona passes a conscience protection law to protect health workers in case assisted suicide is legalized: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/arizona-strengthens-conscience-protections-for-health-care-workers-51740/
3. Advice to the Dems – stop being the party of unlimited abortion if you want to get Catholic voters back: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/opinion/to-win-again-democrats-must-stop-being-the-abortion-party.html Good luck with snipping Cecile’s puppet strings.
4. A review of a great new book by Fr. Thomas Berg on healing for wounded Catholics: http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Item/5519/a_wounded_healer_offers_guidance_for_wounded_catholics.aspx
5. Uh-oh, a new scandal at the Vatican may lead to a Congressional investigation: http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2017/03/14/pope-francis-accuses-benedict-xvi-of-wiretapping-his-confessional/ (Parody alert!)
1. The Supreme Court nominee considers Roe v. Wade to be a legitimate precedent, with the same weight as any other previous Court decision: http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-gorsuch-says-he-would-be-reluctant-to-1490106071-htmlstory.html "Once a case is settled, that adds to the determinacy of the law. What was once a hotly contested issue is no longer a hotly contested issue. We move forward."
2. A healthier and more traditional understanding of precedent: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2017/03/18762/
3. A boy sues his school for violation of his privacy rights and sexual harassment because they allowed a girl (who was pretending to be a boy) into the boy’s locker room and stigmatized him because he objected: http://wtop.com/education/2017/03/student-sues-pennsylvania-school-over-transgender-policy/ Sauce for the goose.
4. Gender ideologues don’t want tolerance, they want to crush opposition: http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/20/trans-conference-celebrates-getting-people-fired-not-calling-men-women/
5. A challenge has been filed in the Supreme Court against California’s law that requires pregnancy centers to promote abortion: http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/9990
6. Why is the US still not helping the victims of ISIS genocide? https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/03/21/a-year-ago-we-declared-isis-genocidal-why-are-its-victims-still-waiting-for-aid/?utm_term=.1ca40b8c218d
1. A handy overview of the Supreme Court nominee’s past opinions on abortion and related matters: www.scotusblog.com/2017/03/gorsuch-abortion-religion-reproductive-rights/
2. Maybe I’m just a constitutional and international law naïf, but when a nation moves its military forces into another nation to engage in battle, isn’t that a “war”? And doesn’t our Constitution say something about how wars can be declared? https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/with-a-show-of-stars-and-stripes-us-forces-in-syria-try-to-keep-warring-allies-apart/2017/03/08/c77671a8-0352-11e7-9d14-9724d48f5666_story.html?utm_term=.f07dfb920a13
3. The proposed bill to reform the Affordable Care Act will eliminate the requirement that Medicaid cover drug addiction treatment: http://www.syracuse.com/health/index.ssf/2017/03/gop_health_plan_would_cut_mandated_drug_treatment_mental_health_coverage.html Hello? Opioid crisis killing thousands and destroying families?
4. An important address by the Holy See to the UN about religious liberty: http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2017/03/08/holy_see_calls_for_respect_of_religious_freedom/1297238
5. A plenary indulgence is available on Fridays in Lent: https://www.kofc.org/en/resources/cis/devotionals/crucifix.pdf
1. A formal letter from the USCCB to Congress, urging them to take into account important moral principles when reforming the Affordable Care Act: http://www.usccb.org/news/2016/17-050.cfm
2. Reactions from Catholic leaders to the health insurance proposal: https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2017/03/08/catholic-leaders-react-house-bill-repeal-replace-health-care-law/ (nice picture, Dr. Anne!)
3. Abortion fanatics in our State Assembly continue to push for the expansion of late-term abortions: http://www.nystateofpolitics.com/2017/03/assembly-dems-to-gov-put-abortion-rights-in-budget/
4. Some helpful hints from John Allen on how to read some of the Holy Father’s impromptu comments that cause so much of a kerfuffle in the media: https://cruxnow.com/analysis/2017/03/08/rules-thumb-processing-latest-papal-bombshell/
5. A really interesting experiment about switching the sex of the presidential candidates leads to unexpected conclusions: https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2017/march/trump-clinton-debates-gender-reversal.html
6. Some might say that a schoolyard taunt actually came true: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article137317553.html
1. The Bishops continue to express grave concerns about the updated refugee and immigration order: http://www.usccb.org/news/2017/17-048.cfm
2. How the proposed reform of the Affordable Care Act will affect NY’s abortion mandate: http://www.empirecenter.org/publications/tax-credits-run-afoul-of-ny-abortion-rule/
3. There’s another egregious gender ideology executive order from the last Administration that needs to be corrected: http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/grazie-christie/trump-admin-should-relieve-doctors-hospitals-obama-era-trans-initiative
4. In Madrid, they can’t handle the truth about men being men and women being women, so the government will crush those who dissent from gender ideology: https://adland.tv/adnews/catholic-groups-bus-ad-stating-biological-reality-investigated-possible-hate-crime/1027904850 (warning — at the bottom of the story there is a disturbing image from a transgender propaganda poster, I urge you not to scroll that far down, but I felt the story was so important that I still wanted to share it) Isaiah 5:20
5. Meanwhile, in Peru, 1.5 million people demonstrate against gender ideology: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/peruvian-marches-against-gender-ideology-attract-15-million-16358/
6. The so-called “Day Without Women” betrays real women’s rights, including unborn women: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/civil-rights/322877-the-day-without-a-woman-was-never-about-protecting-womens