1. The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals repeals the First Amendment when it comes to the Free Speech rights of pregnancy centers: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/441110/pro-life-pregnancy-centers-must-promote-abortion. Vaclav Havel was right on point here – don’t hang up the sign.
2. The Dutch are ready to permit euthanasia for those who feel their life is “complete”: https://cruxnow.com/global-church/2016/10/16/dutch-set-permit-euthanasia-complete-life/. The complete madness of the Culture of Death, in all its sadness.
3. On the importance of the “pronoun wars”: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2016/10/17811/
4. Please join with Assyrian Christians who are praying for protection and stability as the offensive to recapture Mosul from ISIS begins: http://aleteia.org/2016/10/17/assyrian-priest-asks-for-prayers-as-iraq-begins-battle-for-mosul/
5. Yesterday was the anniversary of an event in 1898, when a formless blob of protoplasm that had no rights that a born person was bound to respect emerged from the penumbras, emanations, and miasmas of his mother’s right to privacy, and became the execrable person we know as William O. Douglas, the inventor of the bogus “right to privacy” and a principal conniver whose backstage maneuverings produced Roe v. Wade.
1. In case anyone doubts what kind of people staff a Dem administration, and what they have planned for the Church, consider the recent proof of a conspiracy to create fake front organizations to attack the authority of our bishops: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/10/12/clinton-campaign-chief-helped-start-catholic-organisations-to-create-revolution-in-the-church/
2. An encouraging view of the upcoming generation of female pro-life leaders: http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/cover_story/2016/10/the_future_of_the_pro_life_movement.html
3. The Council of Europe rejects surrogacy: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/10/12/council-of-europe-rejects-proposals-to-legalise-surrogacy-for-all-member-states/
4. A profile of Alan Sears and Alliance Defending Freedom: http://www.bna.com/social-conservatives-legal-n57982078295/
5. An interfaith group of religious leaders strikes back against the US “Civil Rights” Commission’s outrageous libel of religion: https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2016/10/12/religious-leaders-blast-civil-rights-report-claims-discrimination/
6. George Weigel on the need to heal our sick political culture: https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2016/10/changing-the-game.
7. God bless you, Christopher Columbus, for your faith and courage.
1. I dissect the nonsensical position of the Dem VP candidate on abortion: http://www.archny.org/news/political-incoherence-on-abortion
2. Apropos of that, the Hyde Amendment (which the Dem candidates want to eliminate) is estimated to have saved over 2 million lives: http://dailysignal.com/2016/10/05/hyde-amendment-turns-40-more-than-2-million-lives-saved/
3. There’s more at stake in this election than the White House – important ballot measures around the country: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/state-ballot-initiatives-2016-capital-punishment-and-euthanasia-are-among-k
4. Siblings are damaged by abortion too: http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/06/mother-aborted-siblings-hurts-deeply/
5. The Newspaper of Record continues its record of ignorance about Christianity: https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2016/10/why-do-christians-revere-jerusalem
6. The Next Synod of Bishops will focus on young people and fostering vocations: https://cruxnow.com/vatican/2016/10/06/next-synod-bishops-focus-youth-vocations/
1. The Commissars of Gender Ideology in Massachusetts are trying to force religious people into re-education camps, on pain of fines and imprisonment: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/dsiggins/shocking-new-law-takes-effect-in-massachusetts
2. The Holy Father once again speaks very plainly (on the plane, get it?) about the evils of gender theory, but the media must have been jet-lagged and forgot to report it: http://www.getreligion.org/getreligion/2016/10/4/pope-francis-says-gender-theory-is-part-of-global-war-on-marriage-journalists-yawn
3. More judicial incoherence about “transgenderism”: http://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/440531/ohio-transgender-ruling
4. A sad comment on our nation’s descent into lawlessness: http://www.libertylawsite.org/2016/09/30/the-descent-into-quasi-law/
5. Really interesting panel discussion tomorrow night on politics and the pro-life movement (scroll down to the entry for October 5): http://www.humanlifereview.com/expect/
6. Join the Holy Father in his October prayer intentions: http://thepopevideo.org/es%3Fq=en.html