1. I blogged on the heroic witness of conscientious objectors: http://blog.archny.org/steppingout/?p=3696.
2. The Cardinal on the refugee issue: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/timothy-cardinal-dolan-refugees-terrorism-values-article-1.2442089.
3. Some "enlightened" souls at Fordham University have apparently decided that Genesis 1:27 is irrelevant or mistaken: http://www.fordhamobserver.com/all-gender-restroom-initiative-partially-fulfilled/.
4. And, right on cue, our Black-Robed Platonic Guardian Rulers on the Courts begin to grant special legal status to "transgender" persons: http://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/427564/transgenderism-quasi-suspect-class-ed-whelan.
5. Another ukase from our Black-Robed Platonic Guardian Rulers on the Courts, in defense of the Cult of Moloch: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/24/us-wisconsin-abortion-idUSKBN0TD00220151124#6FVJhQvTshduSKkP.97.
6. And to prepare for Thanksgiving, here’s an unknown back story that testifies to the Providence of God: http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-miracle-of-squantos-path-to-plymouth-1448406073.
7. Col 3:12-17.
1. Yet another instance of the degradation of respect for human life — a judge orders the destruction of frozen embryos after a divorce: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/19/us/california-judge-orders-frozen-embryos-destroyed.html?_r=0.
2. A Catholic bishop in Australia may be brought up on anti-discrimination charges merely for re-stating the teaching of the Church on marriage: https://www.catholicweekly.com.au/i-will-not-stay-silent-in-the-face-of-astonishing-and-alarming-move-archbishop-fisher/.
3. Yet a new poll shows global support for democratic principles, including religious freedom: http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/11/18/1-support-for-democratic-principles/.
4. Astonishingly morally obtuse comment from an elected official — intern Muslim refugees just like we interned Japanese civilians in World War II: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/roanoke-mayor-david-bowers-reject-refugees-like-us-interned-japanese/2015/11/18/9714681a-8e34-11e5-acff-673ae92ddd2b_story.html. Yes, an allegedly sentient being actually favors replicating one of the most disgraceful acts in US history.
5. The facts about refugees, asylum seekers, and risks of terrorism: http://www.cato.org/blog/syrian-refugees-dont-pose-serious-security-threat.
6. Correction on an earlier item — an injunction has not yet been granted in the California pregnancy center case: http://religionclause.blogspot.com/2015/11/correction-no-injunction-issued-against.html.
1. Blogged on morality and the free market, in light of Pope Francis’ critique: http://blog.archny.org/steppingout/?p=3683.
2. The Supreme Court will take up the case of the Texas abortion clinic health and safety regulations: http://www.scotusblog.com/2015/11/justices-enter-the-fray-with-grants-in-texas-abortion-case-in-plain-english/.
3. California pregnancy centers get preliminary relief from the punitive compelled speech law: http://religionclause.blogspot.com/2015/11/court-gives-pregnancy-centers.html.
4. An appeal, by children of divorce, for the Church not to water down the teachings on marriage and divorce — "the Church cannot paper over sin under the guise of mercy": http://americamagazine.org/issue/remember-our-children.
5. A Catholic college permits a display on campus in support of Planned Parenthood, and the administration just doesn’t seem to get why that’s a problem: http://aleteia.org/blogs/deacon-greg-kandra/catholic-college-stages-display-in-support-of-planned-parenthood/.
6. The Dutch death cult just can’t get enough, now wants death pills given for free to everyone over 70: http://www.nationalreview.com/human-exceptionalism/427202/never-enough-death-euthanasia-fanatics-wesley-j-smith.
7. Yet another reason to be adamant against assisted suicide — 10% of elderly people are abused: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra1404688#t=article.
1. The Administration is considering calling ISIS’s campaign against Yazidi’s to be "genocide": https://www.yahoo.com/politics/u-s-weighs-genocide-label-1298023405674550.html. Um, hello? Nothing about the tens of thousands of Christians deliberately uprooted and murdered?
2. Germany legalizes assisted suicide for "altruistic reasons": http://www.nationalreview.com/human-exceptionalism/426745/germany-opens-door-culture-death-wesley-j-smith.
3. The Administration’s new "non-discrimination" rules for health care (including their favorite category, "gender identity") pose a new threat to religious liberty: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/the-potential-irony-of-a-new-health-care-non-discrimination-rule-61367/.
4. From "oppressed minority" to favored class, in one easy stroke — affirmative action for homosexual and "transgender" persons: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/11/11/affirmative-action-preferences-for-gay-lesbian-bisexual-and-transgender-owned-contractors-in-massachusetts/.
5. It appears that taking oral contraceptives has a negative effect on women’s brains: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/is-the-pill-shrinking-parts-of-womens-brains-new-report-suggests-yes-15754/.
6. It really is time for anti-intellectual Presidential candidates to stop denigrating the study of philosophy and the liberal arts: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/olmstead/in-defense-of-philosophers/. Arete is more than just techne.
7. Beautiful profile of the great work done by the Sisters of Life to support vulnerable pregnant women: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426761/sisters-of-life-pregnancy-help
1. The fight against assisted suicide in Canada is uniting religious leaders: http://www.ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/Americas.php?id=12864.
2. And people are beginning to notice that it may be encouraged by the government to save money: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/suicide-690832-assisted-california.html. And maybe that it will have a disproportionate impact on people who lack access to mental health services: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/03/health/small-towns-face-rising-suicide-rates.html.
3. The Holy Father met with and encouraged Italian pro-lifers: http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis-meets-pro-life-movement-supporters.
4. The battle to repeal anti-Catholic Blaine Amendments continues: http://religionclause.blogspot.com/2015/11/cert-filed-in-refusal-by-state-to-allow.html and http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/8831.
5. With all the media hoopla about "transgender" people, it’s worth recalling how microscopically tiny that alleged population is, and how amorphous the definition is: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-we-dont-know-the-size-of-the-transgender-population/.
6. Hello? English translation? Any day now?
7. Today is "Love Your Lawyer Day": http://www.wsj.com/articles/on-friday-the-first-thing-we-do-lets-love-all-the-lawyers-1446774232. Jokes are available at the usual hourly rate.