August 22, 2014
1. The Cult of Moloch is shifting its approach, shunning the "pro-choice" rhetoric and openly becoming pro-abortion: http://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2014/08/from-pro-choice-to-pro-abortion.
2. Devil-worshippers surrender the Blessed Sacrament to the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City: http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/08/21/oklahoma-archbishop-drops-lawsuit-against-devil-worshiper/.
3. Interesting effort to try to read the Supreme Court’s mind on the redefinition of marriage: http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/08/reading-the-courts-signals-on-same-sex-marriage/.
4. Ohio’s clinic regulation rules force Cincinnati’s last abortion clinic to close: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/21/cincinnati-areas-last-abortion-clinic-closes-suppo/.
5. The next World Day of Peace will focus on modern slavery: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/next-world-day-of-peace-to-address-slavery-vatican-announces-91486/.
6. Mr. and Mrs. Varia are taking a little vacation, so we’re off the air until after Labor Day. See ya!
7. Hail Holy Queen!
August 21, 2014
1. Blood, seed: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/385915/we-prefer-be-killed-rather-convert-kathryn-jean-lopez. Pray.
2. The head of the World Jewish Congress asks, why are the people of the world silent about the slaughter of Christians? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/opinion/ronald-lauder-who-will-stand-up-for-the-christians.html?_r=0.
3. The Supreme Court makes clear to lower courts that it will decide the ultimate fate of marriage: http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/08/court-blocks-virginia-same-sex-marriage-ruling/.
4. The Archdiocese of Oklahoma City sues the organizers of the "Black Mass": http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/black-mass-organizers-face-lawsuit-over-stolen-host-96131/. Not too keen on the legal theory (the Eucharist as property?), but good for them. Send more exorcists along with the lawyers.
5. Good Lord, it is unspeakably depressing to see how many NY’ers would support Governor Abortion if he ran for President: http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/219122/poll-cuomo-would-beat-republicans-in-2016/.
6. A group of holy sisters in the Philippines who are trying to rescue victims of sex trafficking: http://globalsistersreport.org/news/ministry/nuns-reach-out-sex-workers-fight-against-prostitution-philippines-7351.
7. The Administration is scheduled to release yet another HHS mandate "accommodation" tomorrow. Buckle your seat belts.
8. Our Lady of Knock, pray for us! http://www.knock-shrine.ie/
August 20, 2014
1. The extreme abortion expansion bill is becoming a key issue in some important NY Senate races: http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/218915/anti-abortion-ads-target-tkaczyk-other-marginal-senate-dems/.
2. The transcript of the Holy Father’s press conference on the plane back from Korea — with his actual words about military action in Iraq: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/full-transcript-of-popes-in-flight-interview-from-korea-96141/.
3. The evil Prof. Peter Singer, Philosopher-in-Chief of the Culture of Death: http://www.nationalreview.com/human-exceptionalism/385649/professor-death-supports-doctor-death-wesley-j-smith.
4. Every so often the mask comes off, and we see the Cult of Moloch in all its evil ugliness: http://ncronline.org/blogs/distinctly-catholic/culture-death-display-wapo. (Warning: do not read the comments unless you really want to be depressed about the pro-abortion sentiment among National "Catholic" Reporter readers. Ugh.)
5. Pretty much every theme of post-modern nonsense, all in one story about a woman who married a man who dresses like a woman, and how she’s really okay with that: http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/08/19/im-a-straight-woman-married-to-a-woman-it-hasnt-been-easy/.
6. Interesting interactive graphic that illustrates where people in each state have come from, and where they go to. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/13/upshot/where-people-in-each-state-were-born.html?abt=0002&abg=1.
August 14, 2014
1. The Knights of Columbus have set up a fund for the suffering Christians of Iraq, and will match contributions: http://www.kofc.org/un/en/news/releases/detail/kofc-fund-help-christians-iraq.html.
2. The Holy See is emphasizing the need for humanitarian intervention: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-diplomacy-focuses-on-humanitarian-intervention-in-iraq-57738/. The Holy Father’s letter to the UN: http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/events/event.html/content/vaticanevents/en/2014/8/13/letteradelsantopadrealsegretariogeneraledellonucircalasituazionenelnorddelliraq.
3. For some of our Black-Robed Platonic Guardian Rulers on the Courts, the fix is still in on the re-definition of marriage: http://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/385342/brazen-fourth-circuit-denies-motion-stay-ruling-against-virginias-marriage-laws.
4. Just in case anyone still had lingering doubts about the evils of the surrogacy business, consider the cold-hearted couple that rejected their surrogate-borne Down syndrome daughter, and said that they would have aborted her, and still want a refund: http://www.nationalreview.com/human-exceptionalism/385235/surrogacy-couple-wanted-abortion-refund-wesley-j-smith.
5. Regardless of how you might feel about the Harry Potter books, JK Rowling is a mensch: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-harry-potter-letter-20140808-story.html.
August 12, 2014
1. The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue doesn’t mince words about the situation in Iraq, and the duty of people of all faiths to denounce the violence: http://press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/en/bollettino/pubblico/2014/08/12/0567/01287.html (to get the English translation, click on the bookmark "Traduzione in lingua inglese").
2. The long history of the Christian community in Nineveh, which has now been destroyed by evil fanatics: http://www.christiancentury.org/article/2014-07/leaving-nineveh.
3. Why the US needs to pay particular attention — and speak out more clearly — on the victimization of Christians in the Middle East: http://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2014/08/forgetting-the-christians.
4. A judge in Tennessee didn’t use his secret-decoder ring to get the message from the Supreme Court that the fix is in on redefining marriage: http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/08/string-of-same-sex-marriage-rulings-broken/.
5. Saints who suffered from depression: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2014/08/saints-who-suffered-from-depression/. Please pray for all those who struggle with this terrible condition.
August 11, 2014
1. A priest from Nineveh describes the appalling plight of Christians in Iraq: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/priest-from-nineveh-christianity-is-finished-in-iraq-70940/. Dominican Sisters who are still in Iraq describe the situation: http://www.op.org/en/content/august-2014-updates-dominican-sisters-iraq. The heartbreaking line from the Sisters: "We are surprised that some countries of the world are silent about what is happening. We hoped that there would be stronger international approach toward Iraq, and Christians in Iraq in general."
2. FAQ’s from the Archdiocese of Toronto about what’s going on in Iraq: http://archdioceseoftoronto.blogspot.com/2014/08/faq-christian-persecution-in-iraq.html.
3. The Holy Father appeals for peace: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-appeals-for-peace-in-iraq-gaza-during-sunday-angelus-60519/.
4. The likely (depressing) future of Christian morality under the influence of the redefinition of marriage: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2014/08/13667/.
5. Always bear in mind the extremism of the true abortion believers, who want no restrictions whatsoever on their right to kill: http://www.nationalreview.com/human-exceptionalism/384911/abortion-right-equal-second-amendment-wesley-j-smith.
6. The organizers of a "Black Mass" in Oklahoma claim that they will be using a consecrated Host during their blasphemy: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/prayers-urged-as-black-mass-organizer-claims-consecrated-host-42864/.
7. Kathryn Lopez reviews the new movie "The Giver": http://www.nationalreview.com/article/385092/your-summer-gift-arrives-kathryn-jean-lopez.
August 5, 2014
1. Another of our Black-Robed Platonic Guardian Rulers on the Courts has struck down an Alabama law that — horrors! — requires abortionists to have admitting privileges at a hospital so that the women they maim can be healed: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/04/alabama-abortion/13574467/.
2. Prof. Michael New reflects on trends and significance of state abortion regulations: http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2014/08/a-temporary-setback-in-alabama.
3. Big Brother is active in Sweden, making sure everyone is thinking correctly on the LGBTQWXYZ agenda: http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/thoughtcrime-in-sweden.
4. More marriage cases are heading to the Supreme Court: http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/08/third-same-sex-marriage-case-is-court-bound/.
5. The headline ("Justices’ Rulings Advance Gays; Women Less So") is really all you need to get the bias of the Newsletter of the Cult of Moloch, er, I mean the Times — why would anyone think that the purpose of the Supreme Court is to "advance" anyone? Isn’t the motto "Equal Justice Under Law"? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/05/us/as-gays-prevail-in-supreme-court-women-see-setbacks.html?ref=us&_r=0. Don’t bother with the rest of the article, and don’t look at the terrifying picture at its head — you could write it in your sleep (and if you read it, it’ll put you back there).
6. Proof positive that the world has gone mad: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/8/4/5967573/mlb-hate-map-world-yankees.
August 4, 2014
1. Not satisfied with harassing non-profits, the Eye of Sauron is turning towards churches: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/384454/irss-god-complex-quin-hillyer.
2. The US Bishops are supporting a new conscience protection bill: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/bishops-urge-conscience-protection-for-child-welfare-agencies-81418/. More on the bill and why it is needed: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2014/08/13623/.
3. The lawless immoral international surrogacy industry continues to shock the conscience with its callous indifference to human life and dignity, and its degradation and abuse of all those who participate in it: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/03/world/asia/china-experiences-a-booming-black-market-in-child-surrogacy.html?src=me&_r=0 and http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28621639.
4. A Catholic Church has taken over an office building that is currently being used by an abortion clinic: http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/08/lansings_last_free-standing_su.html.
5. Once again demonstrating that sin darkens the intellect, a group of Satanists show that they didn’t read or understand the Hobby Lobby/Conestoga decision before filing their attack on laws requiring informed consent before an abortion: http://clrforum.org/2014/08/04/satanists-claim-hobby-lobby-exemption-from-abortion-informed-consent-laws-via-huffington-post/.
6. A simple explanation of why we are obliged to treat with civility those with whom we disagree: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2014/08/13633/. Of course, there’s also Matthew 5:43-48.